21 JULY 2022 - 27 JULY 2022
60 PROGRAMME PLACES
Applications for UK Summer Schools 2022 are now open! Application deadline 9th March 2022.
What does the Summer School involve?
· This Summer School will give you a unique and exciting insight into a Medical degree at Cardiff University. You will experience how Medicine is taught at Cardiff, including an insight into Case-Based Learning and a chance to practice practical clinical skills.
· You will meet key staff from the school who will be able to offer advice and guidance on how to create a strong application.
· Current Medical students will be alongside you for the duration of the Summer School, offering their perspective of what it is like to study at Cardiff and their experiences of successfully obtaining a place on the course as well as tips to make the most of your experience as a student.
· With sessions on student support, volunteering, global opportunities, societies and sports on offer, you will get a realistic and fantastic all-round experience of what life as a Medical student at Cardiff is really like.
· As part of your programme, you will also gain access to Sutton Trust Online, a new digital platform where you can attend online events, get advice from current undergraduate students, additional guidance on UCAS applications and much more! Upon completion of the programme, you will also be invited to join Sutton Trust Alumni, the home of the alumni community!
“There were many amazing moments within the summer school: taking blood from a mannequin to meeting the most amazing group of people. Every day was packed with activities to both have an insight into university and medical school” - 2019 Summer School Participant
Entry Requirements and Eligibility:
***These entry requirements relate to entry 2022 and could be subject to change for future application years***
Students should be studying 3 A-Level subjects which include Chemistry and Biology. Students will need to pass the science practical element of the A-level if this is part of your programme of study.
Requirements at GCSE or equivalent: English Language or Welsh language at grade 6 (B), Maths 6 (B), Biology 6 (B) and Chemistry 6 (B), Other subjects, to make a total of nine GCSEs, at a minimum of grade 6 (B).
Full details of Eligibility Criteria is available here.
Find out more on the Sutton Trust website